Pietro is currently acting as:
– President, International Federation of Facial Plastic Surgery Societies (IFFPSS)
– Past-President, European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery (EAFPS)
– Treasurer-Elect; Presidential Council of the European Otorhinolaryngology and Hed and Neck Surgery (CEORL-HNS) www.ceorlhns.org
– Board Member, Italian Academy of Rhinology (IAR) www.accademiarinologia.it
Pietro is Immediate Past-President of the Italian ORL Society of Facial Plastic Surgery www.aicef-chirurgiaplasticafacciale.it
Pietro graduated from the University of Bologna, Laurea in Medicina e Chirurgia cum laude. Pietro specialized in Otorhinolaryngology and Cervico-Facial Surgery, University of Sienna, Italy. Pietro completed several fellowships in rhinoplasty, facial plastic surgery and rhinology in top level university centres, in Europe and USA.
INTERVIEW FACIAL PLASTIC TIMES
Download the interview in PDF
Pietro has published numerous scientific papers, mainly covering the topics of rhinoplasty. His paper on Hybrid Rhinoplasty has been published in the journal Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery in 2010.
Pietro co-authored two textbooks.
Pietro authored several chapters in reference international textbooks:
– Advanced Therapy in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (Thomas, published by PMPH-USA)
– European Manual of Medicine – Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (Anniko et al, published by Springer)
– Rhinoplasty: A Practical Guide (Godin, published by Thieme)
– Current Opinion in Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery (published by Wolters Kluver Health – Lippincott Williams & Wilkins)
– Rhinoplasty: The Experts’ Reference (Sclafani, published by Thieme)
Chapters in press for international reference textbooks:
– Master Techniques in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (Myers, published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins)
– Ethnic Considerations in Facial Plastic Surgery (Cobo, published by Thieme)
– International Textbook of Otolaryngologic Principles and Practice (Paparella, published by Jaypee Medical Publishers)
– Practical Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery: A Symptom-Oriented Approach (Ahmad, Morton and Giles, published by Jaypee Medical Publishers)
– Secondary Rhinoplasty by the Global Masters (Rohrich & Ahmad, published by Quality Medical Publishing- CRC Press)
Co-editor in chief www.RhinoplastyArchive.com – the world’s first free, online textbook on rhinoplasty surgery
Pietro is currently working on a textbook on Endonasal Rhinoplasty.
– Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery, University of Insubria-Varese, Italy (Director: Prof. Paolo Castelnuovo)
– Clinical Professor, Dept of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Insubria-Varese, Italy
– Corresponding member, German Society of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery www.hno.org/en/